HOME

Thursday, July 06, 2006

and I'm so old

I'm getting old.

Or rather I should say, I feel old.

Or even more specifically, I act like an old lady. In public, at least. And I don't think of this as a bad thing.

I took my car for emissions testing today. I picked the slowest line. I waited over 30 minutes. I went to get my car registered. There was one line that wound around the lobby all the way to the door. I waited about an hour. I decided to go ahead and change my address on my license while I was at it. They were on #169 when I got there, and I was #182. I waited over 45 minutes.

But all this waiting is not what makes me an old lady. It was the two girls in front of me that drove me batty. They were probably teens or early twenty-somethings, and they were ditsy and giggly, and said "like" as punctuation. "And I, like, totally got sick, and you were, like, puking already, and it was, like, so gross! And your little brother was, like, totally staring at me when I, like, looked up from, like, puking in the grass, and I, like, was laying in the grass for, like, hours. And it was, like, SO much fun."

Gah. They drove me nuts. The only explanation I can think of is that I'm old and crotchety.

Or maybe they're just young and stupid.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/06/2006 02:38:00 PM



5 comments:
Blogger carrie said...

I vote young and stupid, like, totally :p

7/06/2006 03:21:00 PM  



Blogger Brianne K. said...

i don't know about old, maybe even young, but definitely crotchety.

7/06/2006 05:46:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Brianne, you hit the nail on the head. Like, totally.

7/08/2006 08:28:00 AM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

I knew a girl at University who said like all the damn time. And, seriously.. feeling old came easy in those days.

Wanna feel really old?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om84Zc4-KcQ

7/10/2006 09:02:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Funny video! They should make commercials like that today. It would rock. Hell, I'd buy it.

7/11/2006 08:31:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.