HOME

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

while the cha-cha's playing

I'm listening to Alan Dale's "Sweet and Gentle" whilst being immensely frustrated with the indexing function of Adobe InDesign CS. The cha-cha beat moved me to stop working and start dancing procrastinating.

Looking back at my last to-do list, I have (amazingly) accomplished most of it. I'm pretty proud of that. So, the list is as follows currently:
--- cleaning out the litter box (a daily battle)
--- scanning photos for a personal project (still possibly coming soon)
--- some freelance projects I'm not feeling inspired to work on right now, because I got so frustrated with InDesign a moment ago
--- update my online portfolio with some of my latest work
--- cleaning out old files in filing cabinet
--- delivering old files to their rightful owner

The last item on that list is a tricky one. The files belong to Michael, and I'm not sure how to go about delivering them. Or even how to bring it up to him that I have a pile of his stuff (files, jewelry, miscellaneous stuff) to give to him. This is due to the fact that he hasn't contacted me in over a month. Yes, we went from being married to not speaking for a month. I'm not sure how that happened. I'm not sure if there are hard feelings involved on his end (there aren't on mine), so I'm afraid to even write an email note to him to see what's up. I don't know. Maybe I'm overreacting. I probably am overreacting. But my instinct is not to say anything, and instincts usually happen for a reason.

This, combined with the fact that some of my friends still are unwilling to meet Darrell and/or accept that he's part of my life now. It seems some are still holding a grudge about it toward me. This bothers me, too. This probably isn't the right place to mention it, but I figured I'd mention it while the train of thought moves along. Time will either tell or heal it all, and I suppose I'm just being impatient.

I probably shouldn't let any of it bother me. But when the house gets quiet (aside from being haunted by that cha-cha beat), it creeps up behind me and looms over my shoulder.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/12/2006 02:55:00 PM



2 comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

I say damn them then. You tell Darrell to keep his head up playa!

7/14/2006 11:00:00 AM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

Michael just needs time. The friends thing.. I don't get.

Prayers to you.

7/19/2006 02:46:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.