HOME

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

remind us of what we are not now

Yesterday, I was advised not to contact some people... some recent friends. Or rather, more specifically, Michael's friends. No details were given, just the advice not to contact them. Or should I say, "you." Depends on who is reading this, I s'pose.

This bothered me for a bit. But then I realized that it was all part of the illusion. If these people don't care enough to contact me and find out my side of the story, they're not truly my friends at all. I was just pretending they were. And now that the pretending is over, my friends are dissipating like smoke. I hate that. But that's how it appears to be going.

I cried a bit over it. Hell, I've cried a lot over it. But what's done is done. And who knows who might come around in the future. I haven't closed any doors.

Time is moving along nicely. I'm settled (again) and happy. Tennessee has welcomed me back with singing birds, budding trees, and nice neighbors. My latest project is pulling ivy and Virginia Creeper off the house. Today, I'll work on digging it up at the roots, along with planting some seeds and transplanting some cabbage leaf sedum. It should be a pretty day. Maybe I'll take pictures.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 4/05/2006 07:09:00 AM



3 comments:
Blogger AKA said...

It can always be a pretty day when we want it to be. Please do take pictures.

And as John Wayne once said: "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." And who are we to argue with the Duke?

Have a great day, Jennifer. The future is bright.

4/05/2006 08:29:00 AM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for the kind words... I truly appreciate it. It means a lot.

Pictures!:
wilty sedum
pile of ivy
side of house
front of house
more piled up ivy

4/05/2006 02:52:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

It's inevitable that you may lose a friend or two. The blessing in all of this is that Michael forgives the situation.

Besides, you will meet many new people who will love you for the you that you are, through the you that you have been.

It's your story.

4/05/2006 05:55:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.