HOME

Monday, April 03, 2006

like soft wings in flight

I'm exhausted.

And slightly hung over.

Now may not be the best time to catch up on what's happened during my hiatus. Suffice it to say, I'm fine now. Well, maybe not right now at this very moment, but I will be fine once I get some food in my belly and some constructive activity under my belt today.

It's funny how I can feel so safe here, but then little flutters of insecurity creep in and out like bats escaping from a cave somewhere deep inside. They fly out, fly around, make creepy little sounds, then go back and hide. A strange metaphor, yes, I know... but I did warn you that I am slightly hung over.

I dreamed last night that my old red-tailed boa, Daddy G (short for "Giganticus") was loose in a run-down motel room, and he was hungry, hungry, hungry, and he was trying to eat O'Malley. Malley seemed to be winning, but it was so scary. I was so scared. All my worldly belongings were in this one little run-down motel room, and my snake was starving - literally - and trying to eat my cats. And every time I'd pack stuff up to get out of there, I'd find more and more stuff still to pack.

Sometimes dreams have too much meaning for their own good.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 4/03/2006 08:00:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger admin said...

You aren't the only one whose brain doesn't seem to be working right lately. Time just seems to be going way too fast...

4/03/2006 08:28:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

loved the metaphor

4/04/2006 09:41:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.