HOME

Friday, October 01, 2004

you let your face grow long

I made a hair trimming appointment today for next Monday (the 11th). That means I have to tolerate my shaggy-headed-ness for another week. I keep wondering if being concerned about my hair so much is considered being vain? I'm really not a vain person. I don't really care about my appearance as much as I probably should, and I am staunchly anti-makeup. I'm sure this won't bother me in a couple days.. or hours.

But anyhow, while it's bothering me, let's go over the pros and cons of my hair long or short:

LONG:
pros:
… My hair is a frizzy beast. I could easily restrain it.
… I'm very thrifty. Long hair = $30/year on haircuts.
Michael likes long hair. I like making Michael happy.
… I can donate my hair to Locks of Love periodically.
… When it rained, I could easily keep my hair from expanding.
… In cold weather, it was nice to have a natural scarf/blanket.
cons:
… The weight of all that hair really bogs a girl down.
… I only got compliments on my hair when it was dirty.. odd.
… Long hair takes all day to dry. I refuse to blow-dry.
… I don't like to brush my hair, so it gets in knots when it's long.
… My friend Katherina might physically hurt me if I grow my hair out.
… My vacuum cleaner used to get clogged with my hair.

SHORT:
pros:
… It's really very liberating not to carry all that hair around.
… I get lots of compliments on my short hair.
… Short hair takes about 30 minutes to air dry.
… I don't really ever have to brush my hair, which is nice.
… Short hair is probably more professional-looking.
… My vacuum cleaner doesn't get clogged with my hair.
cons:
… My hair is a frizzy beast. It is unrestrainable.
… I'm very thrifty. Short hair = $150/year on haircuts.
… Michael likes long hair (yes, I have to take this into consideration).
… I get bored very easily, and I like a change.
… When it rains, my hair grows.. and grows.. and grows.
… I'm going to have to religiously tote around a scarf this Winter.

posted by Jennifer at 10/01/2004 01:04:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.