HOME

Sunday, September 26, 2004

waiting for the van to come

My alarm went off at 6:15 a.m. I promptly turned it off and went back to sleep (of course!). I repeated this process at 6:24 a.m., knowing fully well that I needed to be out of bed and in my car by 7:15 a.m. (I think you can see where this is going...) I didn't wake up again until 7:24 a.m. I had to be at work at 7:30 a.m., and work is 15 minutes away. I realized quickly that I was going to be late. Six minutes later, I had somehow gotten dressed, brushed my teeth, and ended up in my car. Record time! However, as I left the parking lot, I noticed one of my tires was feeling kind of odd. Indeed, it was flat - and still is. What a way to start a nice Sunday.

I had to park it and walk home, whence I called someone else I work with, Kim. She, like any sane person on a Sunday morning, was asleep. I hate waking people up like that.

So, now I'm turning to the only one I can turn to right now, my beloved computer. I know, I know, it's just a machine, but it really does serve me well. It has no tires to go flat. And it is a Mac, so it plays nicely. :^)

I will probably play on the computer for a little while, then move on to more constructive things like:
…fixing my flat tire
…working on a graphics project for La Vergne Police
…reconciling my bank accounts
…scrounging for something to eat - besides chocolate
…scrounging for something for Osagi to eat
…meeting with Kristine to pick out colors for Joe's cabin.

It definitely makes for a day of fun and excitement. A splendid time is guaranteed for all. ha!

posted by Jennifer at 9/26/2004 06:11:00 AM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.