HOME

Thursday, September 30, 2004

man, you've been a naughty boy

Yesterday, we had a "movie day" at work. We watched Little Shop of Horrors, the original version, which featured the young Jack Nicholson as the masochistic dental patient Wilbur Force. It was great.. classic, campy, and just plain fun. You should check it out, if you're into that sort of thing.

Last night, I worked at my part-time job. The rental client was a church, and they had some very unusual praying going on. I respect their beliefs and rituals, but I couldn't help but to notice that their children were completely uninvolved with the service. It made me wonder if their sect would eventually die off, or if they were part of a larger whole I didn't know about. It made me get a little sad at the same time. One little boy was listening to his headphones, another was playing with his juice drink, two girls were chatting about (presumably) girl stuff. The parents, though, were completely absorbed in their prayer meeting, crying out to Jesus to bless their families and The Church, et cetera. It just struck me as odd. Maybe it's because I always took part in the church service when I went with my parents.

I have a feeling that a lot of things will change within the next 10 years. Slowly, but surely, kids from my generation are growing up and taking over. I'd like to think this change will be for the best, but from what I'm seeing, I'm really doubting the abilities of people to take care of themselves and their children. It's kind of scary. But, alas, I should think warm, happy thoughts of the future. My negativity surely doesn't help.

posted by Jennifer at 9/30/2004 02:35:00 PM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.