HOME

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

you've got to hide

Osiris was fine yesterday morning. Darrell and I left for work around 8:15. When we got home from work around 6:00/6:30, Osiris was hiding under the bed.

After he didn't come out for Tuna Time, Darrell had to give him his tuna in the bedroom, I started to worry.

Maybe he's sick?

Maybe a dog spooked him while he was sitting in the patio window?

Maybe someone came to the door and knocked on it, and he was scared, because I haven't been home with him?

Maybe the cats got into a fight?

Maybe he fell off the Tower o' Boxes in the living room or den?

All the maybes were driving me crazy. I was so worried he was deathly ill or that he had decided to suddenly live his life under the bed.

We put his food and water by the bed when we called it a night. Osiris came out to eat, and then jumped up on the bed. When he did, I asked Darrell, "Did Osiris poop in the floor?" (Osiris tends to poop on the floor, and I smelled something akin to it.) Since I didn't have my glasses on, Darrell looked around, and he reported no poop. Osiris made his way up the bed and plopped by Darrell's book.

That's when we saw it. The Dingleberry.

I pulled some tissue paper off the roll we keep by the bed. (I don't need no stinkin' Kleenex when I have toilet paper around the house. If it's soft enough for my butt, it's soft enough for my nose.) I bravely removed the poop and hair from my cat's ass.

And then, he was fine.

"A dingleberry is what made him hide all day," I said, shaking my head in disbelief. And Darrell said, "You don't know how long that thing's been chasing him around!"

ha! :^)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 7/17/2007 06:25:00 AM



5 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! When I get them? I have to hide in the closet. They're upsetting, you know.

7/17/2007 10:03:00 AM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, can't blame him for being embarrassed.

7/17/2007 01:24:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice. :^)

You guys make me giggle, too. Not as much as my little Mister Dingleberry Kitty, though. hehehe

He'll never live it down.

7/17/2007 08:30:00 PM  



Blogger Unknown said...

you can't tell people these things! poor osiris.. he was upset already, and then you had to go share. it's like those parent stories about something the kid did that they swear is so cute, but it really isn't.

7/19/2007 05:35:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, come now, Brianne. You know it was cute. :^) hehehe. I'm still giggling about it.

7/19/2007 07:00:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.