HOME

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

this moment to be free

I wonder if she knew what was happening, though no one told her. I wonder if she saw it coming. I wonder if she said and did everything she had hoped to. I wonder what she saw and was thinking at the end. I wonder if she was confused, hurting, at peace, scared, or relieved. I wonder if it was a combination thereof.

I wonder if death came as a welcome visitor to her.

I like to think it did.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 5/24/2006 09:04:00 AM



6 comments:
Blogger cait said...

i'm sorry jennifer :(. live well for her.

5/24/2006 12:03:00 PM  



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss, Jen. It was good that you saw your grannie when you did - I'm always glad I saw mine.

5/26/2006 06:30:00 AM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

I am sorry for your loss, Jennifer. I understand how you feel. It is good that you saw her. I think she'll know that she had all of you to look forward to and to see your faces before she went, would keep her strong for her journey. I'm sure she's in a blessed place.

God Keep You.

5/26/2006 07:35:00 PM  



Blogger AKA said...

My condolences, Jennifer.

5/28/2006 03:38:00 PM  



Blogger Ben said...

It's always sad to lose a loved one.

Memory is a wonderful thing--I lost both my grandparents on my father's side, but they left me a lifetime's worth of wonderful memories that I cherish. I suspect you have a treasure trove as well.

Your grandmothers pain is over so that yours can begin to heal. Be well, and honor her by thinking back and smiling often.

5/30/2006 12:39:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you all for the kind words.

6/01/2006 09:54:00 AM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.