HOME

Monday, May 08, 2006

ain't nothin' like the real thing

It's been sitting in the refrigerator – taunting me – for a week or so... Every time I peek in, it's there. It wanted me to eat it. It really did.

The Organic Polenta.

I looked up serving suggestions. Recipe ideas. Anything to make me understand exactly what this food is. I asked an Italian friend. He shuddered and said it was an acquired taste. Aquired tastes scare me. I usually don't care to acquire them.

But today, I bit the bullet and tried it. And it's not bad. I'm pleased.

Quite pleased.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer at 5/08/2006 10:36:00 AM



2 comments:
Blogger SuperP. said...

Like smoked oysters..

Or, caviar...

Or, beef bone marrow.. my fave.


MMMmmmMMMMMGUUUUDD!!

5/09/2006 10:09:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm not sure about all that. The closest comparison I can come up with (for vegetarians) is cranberry sauce. It took years for that to grow on me.

Or red wine.

5/16/2006 12:05:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.