HOME

Friday, May 12, 2006

shakes me makes me lighter

We listened to choir music last night. It lifted me and shifted me around. I closed my eyes, and I was back in the Duomo... walking through the marketplace in Budapest... singing in Coventry Cathedral... so many places. So many memories that I never knew at the time would be kept so close to my heart. It's not really the memories I hold close, it's just the feelings. The goosebumps. The shivers.

Tonight, I'm going to see the Spring Concert of my choir. I call it "mine," because I do feel such a strong connection to it still. After nine years in it, I suppose I should feel a connection. I hope to at least get one shiver. One tingle. Just that will make it all worthwhile.

And till then, I will listen to the Cantique de Jean Racine till I can bear its beauty no more.

I wish my choir CD still worked. I scratched it up by carrying it around too much. :^(

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer at 5/12/2006 09:57:00 AM



3 comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I'm a little buzzed, but hear me out...

I know I left you hanging a few months back, and I'm really sorry. If I'd known then what I know now, I would have made more of an effort. But, I'm lazy, and have so much other shit of my own going on.

I'm sorry, truly sorry for what you've been through. And I miss you, now more than ever. I miss my friend. I miss you.

I'm here for you. I always have been, even if you didn't know it or I didn't say it.

My email is my first and last name @yahoo.com, or you know my MySpace. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Critty

5/13/2006 09:31:00 PM  



Blogger SuperP. said...

massive attack.. just what I need right now.. nice to read you, today.. going to listen to a little from Mezzanine, now. :)

5/15/2006 06:54:00 PM  



Blogger Jennifer said...

Critty - My goodness... it's good to hear from you again. I'll write you soon, I promise.

Penny - Mmm... Massive Attack. It's funny, because you always mentioned them, and I never knew I liked them. I have several of their songs burned on a CD from a friend, and I've always liked them, but I never paid attention to who the band was. ha!

5/16/2006 12:03:00 PM  



Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.