HOME

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Imagine

I've successfully avoided the news this week, except for one night when Michael turned the TV on for sleeping background noise. I noticed there was a fellow with a turban on, and I asked him to change the channel. I don't want to hear it, see it, know about it. If something happens, it's going to happen. There's no sense getting riled up about it, glued to a TV screen like a maniac. I refuse to let the media ruin my birthday anymore.

In other news, the Classical Mystery Tour was splendid. I had a great time, and I think Michael did too. They came out in the skinny suits, changed into the Sgt. Pepper's attire, then finished off in Abbey Road gear. The impersonations were dead on, too. I really liked George's dancing and quips. And Paul's singing was very strong. Ringo rocked out on the drums. And my favorite, of course, was John. He was very versatile, and sounded just like John. Nice.

Though it's a post-Beatles song, the John fellow did "Imagine." I think we could all use a rendition of those lyrics about now. And if you're watching the news, turn it off.

"Imagine" by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people living for today...

Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for, no religion too. Imagine all the people living life in peace...

Imagine no possessions - I wonder if you can - no need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

posted by Jennifer at 9/11/2004 07:28:00 AM



0 comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home




© ALL MATERIALS PROPERTY OF JENNIFER WRIGHT.